Serves – 4 cups
Total time – 30 mins + preparation 10mins
Oil ½ tbsp
Garlic 2 – 3 cloves
Water 6 cups
Carrot* 2 medium
Green Beans* 8-10
Onion* 1 medium
Celery* 1 Stalk
Leek 1 Stalk
Mushroom Stems/ Cauliflower stalk/Broccoli Stalk (optional)
Bayleaf 1 leaf
Peppercorns 6-7 corns
Salt a pinch
- Chop all the vegetables roughly.
- In a big pot/saucepan,** heat the oil, add the garlic, and saute for a minute.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and saute for a minute.
- Then add in the water, bay leaf, and salt and bring it to a boil.
- After one boil, let it simmer for 15/20 minutes,
- Take it off the stove and let it cool.
- Then sieve it and store or use it instantly in a soup.
- It stays fresh in the fridge for around 3 days, else you can also freeze it and use it when you need it.
*You can adjust the quantities and choice of vegetables according to your liking, or based on your leftovers.
*Don’t add tomatoes if you want to use it for a clear soup.
**You can also prepare the stock in a pressure cooker. Add all the ingredients and cook it on slow heat after one whistle, for 10mins.