Total time – 25mins (Preparation – 5 mins + Baking – 15 mins + Cooking – 5mins) + in between cooling time
Walnuts/Almonds 250gms (it’s okay if they are a bit more or less)
Caster Sugar 1/4 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Cinnamon Pwd. 1 tsp
Clove Pwd. 1/4 tsp
Curry Pwd. 1/2 tsp
Ground Cumin 1/4 tsp
Ground Black pepper 1/2tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C (355F).
- Spread out the walnuts/almonds on a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for around 10-15mins or until they are crisp and the colour has darkened a bit.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Put the nuts in the dry mixture and mix well to coat evenly.
- Heat a large pan and dry roast the coated nuts over medium heat for 5mins or until they turn golden. The sugar will start to melt and coat the nuts. Shake the pan often for even cooking.
- Once golden, remove the pan from the heat and spread the nuts on a lightly oiled baking tray to cool – this is to avoid the sugar from sticking to the surface.
- Enjoy them as a midday snack, pre/post-exercise snack, or whenever you like!
- These will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 10 days.