Serves – 4 cups
Total time – 30mins (20mins cooking time + 10mins cooling time)
Broccoli (with stems) 200gms, chopped roughly
Garlic 1 clove, chopped
Leek/spring onion 100gms, chopped
Vegetable Stock* 3 cups
Butter 1 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
Mustard Powder 1 tsp
Grated cheese 2tbsp
Salt & Pepper to taste
Sliced/grated Parmesan, Chilli Flakes, Parsley, Roasted Garlic
- Start with heating the butter in a large saucepan.
- Once hot, add in the chopped leek and garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add in the chopped broccoli and saute for 1-2mins.
- Add your prepared stock to the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Reduce to low heat and leave the pot covered on a simmer, till the broccoli is cooked through – 15mins. (Alternatively, you can also prepare the soup in a pressure cooker – follow steps 1 & 2 in your cooker and then add in the stock. Bring it to one whistle and cook it on slow for 5mins after.)
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool down a bit, before blending it to a smooth consistency.
- Once pureed, return the soup to heat. Add in the milk, mustard powder, grated cheese and salt and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil. Taste test and adjust the seasonings if required.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with your desired toppings.
*You can find here the recipe for my basic vegetable stock. You can also use stock cubes or canned broth.