Serves – 12 slices (Plus-minus depending on the size of your slices)
Total time – 1hour (Preparation – 10 mins + Baking – 20mins + Cooling – 30mins) + 1hour chilling time
Caster Sugar 1/2 cup
Cocoa Powder 2 tbsp
Desiccated Coconut 1 cup
Cornflakes 1 cup
All-purpose flour 1 cup
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Vanilla essence Few drops
Chocolate Ganache / Salted Caramel / Desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C (355F).
- Grease a 7″ x 7″ pan (to learn how to grease the pan, check the notes*).
- In a medium-sized pot, melt the better, be careful not to let it burn. Alternatively, you can also melt the butter in a microwave.
- Take the pot off the heat and mix in the cocoa powder and the sugar. Mix well till there are no lumps or grains.
- Add the coconut and cornflakes and mix.
- Lastly, add the flour, baking powder, and a few drops of vanilla essence.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Scoop out your mix into the prepared dish and press it down firmly into an even surface.
- Bake it for 20mins, or until it looks a bit firm. Don’t worry, it will get more firm once it cools.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the dish for 30 mins.
- Once cool, ice the bars with the chocolate ganache. You can also drizzle it with salted caramel and some more desiccated coconut if you like.
- Chill the bars in the fridge for an hour before slicing them to get a nice clean edge. And then DEVOUR!