Serves – 12 slices (Plus-minus depending on the size of your slices)
Total time – Preparation – 20 mins + Cooling time – 1 hour
For the Base
Marie Biscuits 250 gms
Butter 125 gms
Condensed Milk 1/2 cup
Lemon Rind /essence 1tsp
Coconut Desiccated 1 cup
For the Icing
Icing Sugar 3/4 cup
Lemon Juice 3 tbsp
Butter 15 gms (1tbsp)
- Place the butter and condensed milk in a pan and stir over low heat until they combine. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Crush the Marie biscuits into a fine ground in a blender, or you can also just use your hands. Add to this, the lemon rind (or essence) and the coconut and mix well.
- Mix the ground biscuit mix with the condensed milk mixture.
- Grease* a brownie tin or a square/rectangular dish.
- Press the biscuit mixture evenly into the prepared dish and let it chill for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Prepare the icing – Simply mix everything together in a bowl, till you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour the icing over the chilled slices and sprinkle on top with some more desiccated coconut.
- Let the icing set before slicing into squares.
- Chill the slices and enjoy!
* Greasing – spread some butter/oil onto the bottom and all sides of your dish – cover it properly and dispose off any excess butter/oil. Then sprinkle some flour on top, again covering all the sides and the bottom.